Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Crazy cats and more fishing!









Did you know we have daily earthquakes up here!?!? The visitor's center has a screen up showing locations and strength level of each earthquake. WELL, we felt one last week! The jets were flying, so I attributed the slight shaking to a low flyer, but then the whole house shook and the cats freeeeeeeaked out! Surprisingly, nothing fell off the walls. I never checked its level. Adam also felt it at the hospital. We both kinda shrugged it off as part of learning to live in Alaska!

I believe we have introduced you to "Ronda"-our 2008 Kia Rondo. Well, we now have "Cody", a 2004 Dodge Dakota sport. Adam and I named Ronda, Tyler and Danae helped with Cody! hehe!

Last saturday, Adam and I were able to sneak in some fishing before he left for AZ. We decided to go north to Willow. We were fishing for silvers but the pinks, aka Humpies, kept getting in the way!! They were just swimming around our feet and we caught numerous of them--but they are only good to eat if you smoke them....when they are "fresh" (just outta the ocean). These humpies were completely mutated(hump, beak, color) and dying. The river was covered with dead salmon, lively salmon, and EGGS! Adam and I laughed everytime we caught a pink/humpy because they go crazy. Their teeth came awfully close to "biting" us-whether they meant to or not! One kept swimming circles around me--I was "walking my dog!" for a couple minutes. We didn't end up with anything to eat but had a lot of fun!
Angel mama REALLY wanted to go with daddy to AZ. He started packing, came downstairs for something, and went back up to find her laying in his suitcase-ready to go!
Snickers is still doing well, he is holding his weight! I think I already said it--but he is back to his usual humping of clothes! IN FACT....I found my hamper knocked over and the clothes drug out and humped last night. LOVELY!! But it actually is exciting, he is being "active!"

Okay--for any of you who watch Spike TV or True TV---Most Dangerous....Top 10 killers....etc etc. then you maybe have noticed how often that same man's deep voice says "ANCHORAGE, ALASKA!" Last night I watched "Bears Attack", which was about 3 bear attacks with in city limits of Anchorage. Just the same as moose---you don't mess with a mama and her babies! Good thing we have bear spray, but I believe we are getting Plan B protection once Adam gets back....a gun!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to see the clothes on the ground. That makes me smile.

    Love the truck!!!!

    Fix the date on your camera : )

    ReplyDelete