Wednesday, August 19, 2009

UpDaTe

Here is a quick update....... I will be posting more photos and tales of adventures soon!!!

-Danae and Tyler left today :( We had a great time and my abs had a work out from laughing ALL THE TIME!!! It was a pretty lonely day here w/o them! I will post pics soon!

-Adam takes his final test on Thursday for pharmacy licensing. There are two--the first one he completed while in Iowa (kicked its butt---he's so smart!) This next one he has been preparing for ever since we got here! Danae and Tyler are witnesses---he has studied every night! I believe he is the smartest person I know and well-prepared, but it will be a relief for him to get it over with!!! GO ADAM!!

-School starts tomorrow.....but I was not hired on with a building. There is still a possible position pending through the district. An elementary with a Spanish Immersion Program currently has 30-some students registered in it's neighborhood classrooms---so they are trying to get another primary position. Well...I interviewed and felt the most comfortable/excited about this one (3rd one)....so FIRST the district has to okay the position and SECOND the school has to pick me. There is no timeline.....the principal is prepared to switch kids and classes around if the district ever okays the position---yikes! So, if you haven't noticed---Anchorage School District has been quite the change from Des Moines School District. I have been nothing but frustrated and discouraged from the beginning of this process----thank goodness for fellow Alaskans who know the system and Adam's words of encouragement! Due to Adam's research-I now know that I am competing with UAA graduates--the school is HUGE on education, particulary early childhood and has a strong partnership with ASD.
...............so I have passed up an interview for tomorrow(1st day of school!) because it is
in Chugiak---not a fun drive, especially in the winter, but still part of ASD! I am waiting
to hear about the "possible" open position, AND I am applying to be a substitute. I am
going to get my foot in the door---and kick it open!! hehe
**so---Thank you Jenny for the luck!!! Whatever happens will happen for a reason and I just might have to wait for "my school" until next year!**
****I MISS MY JACKSON PEEPS!****

-Adam leaves for Phoenix, Arizona on Sunday for training. He also gets to go to Vegas for training in September. Lucky dog---quite the places for "training!" hehehe Maybe I'll finally have the house put together by the time he gets back from AZ.......maybe!

-Snickers made 2 visits to the vet last week. He is 15 years old!!! We noticed a decline in eating, as well as humping clothes--so we were concerned!! His organs are healthy--according to blood, urine, and poo tests. Which is great-but the bad part is that it means he has either cancer or FIP Feline Infectious...Psomething---which are not treatable. He is on medication and steroids to help him along until his body just can't handle it. He is now eating, humping clothes, and being ornery as ever!! Angel has been SUPER jealous of all his special treatment! And getting even fatter because she is a horribly awesome begger when we give Snickers special food!

-WOW--that was a long update! Pics and stories soon to come of Danae, Tyler, Adam, and my adventures in ..........................................ANCHORAGE, ALASKA!

2 comments:

  1. Adam - good luck on the test. We know you will do great!

    Daniellie - the right job is going to come along. There is a reason for everything : )

    We love you lots!!

    Mom and Dad Harris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in Arizona next week, Adam. And Danielle, good luck and hope you hear from a school soon : )

    Love you both,

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete