Saturday, August 1, 2009

Moose EVERYWHERE!























Not much has been happening since mom left--mainly running errands and STILL getting stuff set up! We are still on the truck-hunt...getting a bit frustrated!

On mom's last day-we went to the weekend market, I think I have mentioned this before...but unbelieveable food, art, and crafts. We were craving corn and crab---so we had a piece of steamed corn(still in the husk) for $3.50 each!!!! YES!!! ridiculous......OH to be back in Iowa right about now when the sweet corn is tasting soooooo good for so cheap! We also had king crab cakes that were pretty yummy!

Once again-the cats are acting so silly. They are JUST like human brother and sister. They fight, play--mostly pretend to hate each other. I totally caught them cuddling--there are some great pictures to prove it!

While running errands the other day IN ANCHORAGE, I saw a mother and baby moose on the bike path-so naturally, I turned around to get a look and take some pictures. The mother was very relaxed--just munching away! I had to go up the street to the next house to turn back around--while in the driveway and waiting to pull out-I saw the butt of a moose sticking straight up in the air behind a truck. So..naturally--I pulled into the driveway to get a better look and take pictures!! It was hilarious--I found a bull moose army crawling on his front knees to reach the grass in the YARD. He stood up when he saw me watching, then went right back down to eating again. The last picture I got of him is the best yet. The house owner pulled in the drive--unaware of the moose until they parked right in front of him! You could see the looks on their faces, the expression of "holy shit!" as they grabbed cameras. He was seriously a sidewalk away from them. He stood up again and gave us a "smile" before walking away!!!

So 3 moose with in one block of eachother---in the city! FUN!!! We have yet to encounter a "dangerous" moose--all have been calm and had a "hum-de-dum" attitude!

Danae and Tyler are coming up on Wednesday for a visit!!! We are all sooooooo excited! There will be plenty of stories and pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment