Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Our legs huuuuuuurt!!



















SO---our bodies are begging us to please stop!!! We all worked out at the base fitness center on Sunday (Danae and I concentrated on legs for some silly reason). Then we picked blueberrys and hiked Arctic Valley(NOT a valley..a mountain). Danae, Tyler, and I went to Kincaid for the "beach hike" on Monday. Again-Kincaid is suppose to have the highest population of moose---but we didn't see any, I think we take the wrong trails! BUT Kincaid always has plenty of beautiful rocks, drift wood, photo opportunities, and planes/jets! And of course--we had a fair workout.

Today we went to Flat Top....we were a bit worried about Danae since she is scared of heights and I freaked out last time we hiked it-----BUT apparently, Danae is part mountain goat! Tyler and I were SHOCKED!! I think Danae was born on a mountain because of how she climbed it today--we are all so proud of her! We are starting a tally for Flat Top Mountain--do you like the climb up or down? So far 2-2....Adam and Danae like the climb up and Tyler and I like the climb down! We'll see what Jeanette and Kevin think! So...take a look at the "ants" (people) on the side of the mountain and the sweet rock art somebody took the time to create.
We have had exhausting, but amazing and beautiful hikes the past couple days! We are taking tomorrow off and going on a glacier cruise---starting at Seward. We are suppose to see glaciers, orcas, sea lions, puffins, etc!! BUT I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO GO, like you may have figured out or heard from me.....Anchorage School District is a bit off schedule and I may have another school interview tomorrow. I will hear about the 1st grade position tomorrow as well as schedule an interview for a primary Spanish Immersion position. OH....and did I tell you---TEACHERS REPORT ON THURSDAY!! aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh I already miss my "home" at Jackson and this has made it more difficult! Wish me luck!!!!

1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK, DK! I hope you get the job you are wanting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete