Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 3

Well, we are currently in Dawson Creek, British Columbia. We have drove a total of 1900 miles, and got 1600 remaining (2 days ahead of schedule!). Today was pretty interesting to say the least.

We saw our first police car today. I was driving while Danielle was sleeping and the cats were going nuts (they actually fought today in the car)... anyway, one of them bit me and I ended up swerving into the left lane unintentionally. Luckily, no one was there, but I looked behind me and there was a van in my new lane about 30 feet behind me. Well, I just about pooped when I realized it was a police officer (if that's what they're called here). Lucky me they had better things on there mind then pulling over an Iowan and they just sped right on by.

Speaking of cats... their hair is EVERYWHERE. On our clothes, all over our car, in our food, in our drinks, on our face, in our mouths... EVERYWHERE! I seriously contemplated shaving both of them at the hotel tonight, but lucky them my shaver broke. However, I accidentally gave Snickers a bath today in the car. The cooler we have his soft food in was stupidly placed on top of all of the luggage. I took a sharp left today and the water dumped from the cooler, all over him while he was asleep in his kennel. Talk about a wake up call!

Today's trip was a lot more scenic then the previous two days. We finally got more hills, mountains, trees, and animals! First off, BUGS. I don't know what kind of bugs Alberta has, but whatever they are, they are at least golf ball sized, multiply by the millions, love getting hit by cars, and are completely filled with yellow concrete that washer fluid can't wipe off. Our windshield was covered!

Somethings we ended up seeing today were countless mule deer, beaver dams, the Canadian Rockies, numerous moose crossing signs, and wild bison. We saw the bison at Elk Island National Forest. It's really a cool place! I wish we had more time to spend an entire day there and no cats so we could have walked the trails. 30 minutes was not enough time to simply drive through the park. There are many walking trails, picnic areas, and wildlife viewing opportunities (moose, elk, and bear too, although we didn't see any). Google it!

Finally, Danielle and I got into another one of our fights tonight. And those that know us well enough, our fights are not serious but they can get physical (FYI we are laughing the entire time). Well we both ended up with battle wounds. DK with a pen mark on her leg that that eventually turned into a gash from too much applied pressure. Me with a cut up lip from a well placed ring smack. Blood and laughter was shed by both.

I'll end this entry with an explaination of the videos. Angel is being a huge pain in the butt on the drive... but she tried her hardest to help out when she can! In the videos, she is 1). giving deep tissues leg massages and 2). cleaning windows!












































3 comments:

  1. Hey..the pics are incredible from the photographer!!
    The kids and I sat down for a good hour together and looked through them all.
    Will show Grandpa when he comes over.
    Love you guys, be safe, have fun!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Angel's deep tissue massages!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these videos and pictures make me miss the hell out of you guys. wish you were PA instead of alaska, but at least it will be a sweet place to visit when i have the time and money. i need some killer bunnies back in my life.

    ReplyDelete