Sunday, February 5, 2012

Winter Pics

okay, okay, here we go....
This is when Adam went ice-fishing with a buddy from work and his son. I think the story was... they were playing "baseball" with parts of frozen fish. HMMMMMmmmm.....

(ADAM EDIT - This is Wilbur's son trying to hit the frozen fish we found with a pole from the ice shanty. He made a little contact, but I got a try after this. I SMOKED the fish and it exploded everywhere and actually hit Wilbur [the pitcher] in the back of the head)
The catch of the day- Northern Pike.
I am just narrating-- I don't know why Adam thought this was a good photo to share. Sorry. It's probably the result of "baseball"

(Adam EDIT - it is the after math of my swing)

view of a tip-up--- or the fishing pole with the lake and mountains in the background. The "reel" is actually under water in the ice hole. When a fish bites, it triggers the flag to pop up. Then the hard part begins... I have yet to get a darn pike through the hole! Adam and I went on Saturday and got 2 of the 6 that we had on.
Tundra with his new booties and hiking pack to keep him warm!
Adam and his buddy with their delicious catch! Our friends, the Nabers, and us at Hatcher's pass. We spent the day outside--- cross country skiied up to the old mine, then boarded/skiied off the road run. Which means 3 of us would ride down the mountain and the other person would pick us up in the truck and take us back to the top. When we left Eagle River it was -28 degrees, we expected it to be colder at Hatchers but it was amazingly 2 degree above! :)
Tundra and Chena love going with us-- they are really fast and keep up pretty well! another view
On the groomed trail up to the mines
another gorgeous sight



Actually a pretty boring video- the wobbly one is me. I haven't downhill skiied forever and it is extra difficult in XC skiis. You can't really tell, but we are on a decline! :)

(ADAM EDIT - I agree with the boring factor. I just needed a video to add. Too bad we didn't get a video of me going down this hill because my hands were flailing like a helicopter the entire way down and I bit it HARD at the bottom)

No comments:

Post a Comment